“When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot manifest, strength cannot fight, wealth becomes useless and intelligence cannot be applied.”
Whether you are looking to prevent disease in the future or combat illness today, food and nutrition plays an important part in how we look, feel and be.
Why a holistic nutritionist?. Most nutritionists and dietitians will offer practical suggestions and goals to improve and enhance your health and wellbeing through food and nutrition, However, I go a step further and where necessary use my skills and qualifications as a Dietitian, naturopath, health coach and NLP practitioner to get to the physical, mental or emotional reasons as to why you may not be feeling the best you can be or choosing the right diet and so forth. Of course this will depend on your own individual and personal needs.
Let’s take weight management as an example…as well as working with you to plan a healthy and nutritious meal plan and develop an activity/exercise plan to assist you in losing weight, we will also discover if you have developed any metabolic imbalances and correct them. These imbalances may include hormonal, adrenal, thyroid, neurotransmitter, digestive or systemic inflammation imbalances that makes losing weight and maintaining healthy weight extremely challenging despite your best efforts to eat less and exercise more. We will also address any emotional issues causing overeating or reaching for the less healthy foods.
By addressing both the physical and emotional issues of your weight gain we are much more successful in reaching long term and sustainable weight loss
What to expect from a consultation
A private consultation with Sheena will vary depending on the individual and personal needs of each client. In general we may cover;
- Personal health history – working together to find out your current health status and primary health issues you wish to address and then working on goals and time lines to achieve these. Developing a short and long term plan and how to get there.
- Personal nutrition counseling for food-related illness or health enhancement.
- Answers to your food and lifestyle questions.
- Shopping trips to help understand which foods to buy, reading food labels and so forth.
- Motivation to make lifestyle changes, assistance with making behavioural changes and setting personal lifestyle goals.
- Ideas for food shopping and preparing quick, easy, delicious and nutritious meals.
- Possible prescription of herbal medicines or supplements, depending on the condition.
How can diet and nutrition help?
- Lowering cholesterol levels
- Chronic fatigue
- Weight management (including child and teen weight issues)
- Hormonal Health for women from PMT and menopause to endometriosis
- Natural fertility
- Pregnancy health
- Food intolerance and allergies
- Joint pain
- Thyroid and adrenal health
- Stress management and support
- Child and adult nutrition
- Child illness and disorders from ADHD to ear infections, eczema, reflux, colic…
- Boosting immunity
- Major illness treatment and prevention – diabetes, cardiovascular and cancer
- Skin complaints from eczema to psoriasis
- Sports health, nutrition and performance
- Asthma management
- And much more
Sheena Hendon is a well regarded holistic nutritionist with over 20 years of experience. She provides expert and professional nutritional advice for adults, babies and children, based on the latest scientific evidence and will work with you to get to the cause of your particular health issue as well as treating the symptoms. Sheena also recommends health supplements, vitamins and minerals, therapeutic essential oils and herbal medicines where necessary.
We look forward to seeing you and your children soon