Combining advanced hormone testing and nutritional support, Dried Urine Testing for Comprehensive Hormones (DUTCH)
The most advanced test for sex and adrenal hormones.
- More comprehensive than serum, saliva or 24-hour urine testing
- Easy patient collection (4 dried urine samples collected simply on filter paper)
- Unparalleled adrenal testing (diurnal free cortisol pattern with cortisol metabolites)
- Accurate and comprehensive testing of sex hormones and metabolites (including 2,4,16-OH oestrogens)
- Effective monitoring of hormone replacement (improved clinical accuracy for many scenarios)
- 8 separate lab methods (GC-MS/MS, LC-MS/MS) to ensure the most accurate methods for each test
- One simple test to bring you unrivalled clinical information and confident clinical conclusions
Click here for the DUTCH complete report for females
Click here for the DUTCH complete report for males
Why do the DUTCH test?
What makes the DUTCH test better than blood or saliva tests is the comprehensive information that is collected with a single test. The DUTCH test is well-recognized for its ease-of-collection, coupled with comprehensive reporting that is not currently available from other tests.
Adrenal fatigue, sleep or stress issues. Testing the adrenal hormones provides specific information about how to support stress and sleep issues, by specifically looking at the HPA axis (hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal) adrenal-brain communication.
Fertility problems, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). This test is beneficial for people suffering from fibroids, PMS, irregular periods, painful periods, anxiety & moodiness, and endometriosis. It provides a comprehensive picture of how adrenal and reproductive hormone imbalances may be contributing to these problems.
Hormone replacement therapy. This test works well for oral progesterone, vaginal hormones, patches, pellets and injections. Note that this is only for hormone replacement therapy, not hormonal birth control pills.
- Sleep problems. By checking melatonin levels we can assess how your sleep patterns may be affected. Melatonin can be low and related to your sleep problems, or it can be normal.
- DHEA levels. This “feel-good” hormone is produced by your adrenal glands, when low it can cause fatigue, decrease in muscle mass or bone density, depression, aching joints, loss of libido, and lowered immunity.
Estrogen dominance. Estrogen dominance occurs when we have too much oestrogen in the body and is relative to the other sex hormones, such as having too little progesterone to balance it out. Estrogen dominance can be a factor in endometriosis, PMS, painful periods, fibrous breasts, fibroids, tender breasts, moodiness, and more. It can also make perimenopausal symptoms significantly worse
Metabolization of estrogen through the liver. This is important for understanding how we are clearing estrogen’s from the body. If you don’t metabolize estrogen well, you risk estrogen dominance, as well as risks of estrogen-related cancers such as breast, cervical and uterine cancers. We can also see the methylation pathway of estrogen when doing the DUTCH test, which can tell if there are nutrient deficiencies or an MTHFR gene mutation, which would then need to be addressed in order to maximize health.
WHAT DOES THIS TEST INVOLVE?
The test is ordered online and is posted to your home. It is a urine-based test and includes little strips to dip in your pee. You dip the strips, let them dry, mail them off. The instructions are simple and clear.
Benefits of the DUTCH Test
Testing of hormones, cortsiol, melatonin and more
Easy to Understand Reports
Easy Sample Collection
- No blood draw
- No 24-hour urine collection
- No spitting into tubes
- 4 simple dried urine samples
D.U.T.C.H – Complete – Comprehensive Hormone Profile is available through Sheena Hendon Health: